The Hines story started on Oxford High Street in 1830, the beginning of a long-established tradition in fine quality textiles, when Mr William Hine opened his gentlemen’s tailors and outfitters business. WP Hine & Co. soon became one of the leading outfitters in the city, supplying discerning customers with high quality clothing.

The Hine family continued the outfitting business for several generations, serving an international clientele over many decades with gentlemen’s clothing including hand-tailored bespoke and readymade suits.

The company transferred to the current family ownership in 1950, moving from the High Street in 1979 when Hines began specialising in the world’s finest woven Tapestries and home furnishings.